A: Levels of Play with suggested age/grade=
- T-ball ages 5-6 (Pre-K/Kinder)
- Rookie ages 6-8 (1st-2nd)
- Minors ages 8-10 (3rd-4th)
- Majors ages 10-12 (5th-6th)
- Babe Ruth 13-15 (7th-8th)
Additional Info... once players reach HIGH SCHOOL AGE, they are encouraged to connect with the head coach of the Newberg High School program with the following options for summer baseball:
- American Legion AAA - ages 15-19 (9th-Graduate 1 year out)
- American Legion A - ages 15-17 (9th-11th)
- OIBA (Oregon Independant Baseball Assoc)
- Futures (the younger div of OIBA)
- Oregon Junior State Baseball (similar to OIBA)
- Traveling also to Tournaments
A: The coach will determine practice day(s) and times but probably 2 days a week until games start. Practices/games will start after spring break.
Most levels play 2 games a week but the older divisions could see some double-headers on the weekends, occasionally (Saturday-Sunday). Monday-Friday games start at 5:30pm. Saturday/Sunday games will vary from 8am-5:30pm. Schedules will be released sometime around Spring Break, and league games will begin the first week of April.
This question will be answered at a later date. Currently under discussion by Board Members.
It’s an attempt to balance the playing field. Athletes develop at different rates - the traditional method of grouping players solely by age creates leagues where stronger players may not be challenged enough to keep the sport interesting while less developed players may not succeed often enough to keep the sport fun. This step toward grouping players by current ability (rather than age) promises to lead to better baseball for everyone.
** This question will be answered at a later date. Currently under discussion by Board Members.